A community is as strong as its roots. The Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc. is committed to nurturing the growth of South Florida by supporting nonprofits with a proven track record of programs fulfilling our mission and awarding them with digital subscriptions, funding, in-kind donations.
Through the Sun Sentinel Children's Fund Inc., we support programs that will:
The Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc. will award public charities that serve the South Florida community, and have a focus in Broward and Palm Beach County.
In addition, the Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc. supports a variety of nonprofit organizations with a special emphasis on those that work to achieve our goals and objectives and touch a diverse population, in particular, those that:
Requesting nonprofits should have an annual operating budget of $100,000 or should have at least a three to five year operating history. Nonprofits may apply once annually.
The Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc. is looking for opportunities where we can have a strong partnership with a nonprofit partner. In an effort to continue to give back to our community and align our giving with the Sun Sentinel’s goals and objectives, we’ve looked at the resources we can best provide nonprofits and will be offering digital subscriptions, cash awards and in-kind donations to nonprofits who can best benefit from these assets. Nonprofits that apply would need to show how they could use the following resources to best meet their mission and/or programmatic goals.
- Religious nonprofits for religious purposes.
- Individuals; trucks or vans; web site design, implementation and maintenance.
- Medical or health-related nonprofits, except as noted in program guidelines.
- Capital requests for building and/or major improvements.
- Political causes/nonprofits
- Athletic teams (youth, recreational, little league, intramural, etc.)
- Social groups (i.e. Elks Lodge, Moose Club, etc.)
- Neighborhood activities (cookouts, picnics, associations, etc.)
- Programs that provide support primarily outside the geographic market
- Employee assistance, including scholarships, sponsorships and other forms of financial aid
- Community or event advertising
- Student trips or exchange programs
- Federal or Corporate United Way campaigns
- Nonprofits that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, disability, handicap, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law
With many strong nonprofits in our community, our application process is now by invitation only.
For the 2018 calendar year, any past-awarded nonprofits will submit a letter of intent (LOI) to the Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc, during the designated time frame. Formal letters to past-awarded nonprofits will be sent with more information on the process and timeline.
LOIs will be reviewed and a select group of nonprofits will be asked to submit a formal proposal for further review. Preference will be given to nonprofits that meet at least one or more of new focus areas and can best utilizes the resources provided by the Sun Sentinel.
Please remember, an invitation to submit an LOI or a proposal does not guarantee your nonprofit will be selected to receive funding.